Wednesday, July 14, 2010



Bowties with mushrooms, baby spinach, and pine nuts

So this was basically a big hit with my family. Not to mention it looked pretty it also tasted insanely awesome! I made it for my parents but as I was making it the quantity just slowing started to go down...and down...and down. It was just too good to resist!

I would have to say not much is going on in my life right now. It is summer. I am sitting around trying to find out what to do. I think I'm going to start knitting which I can admit is a little oldish I suppose but well I've done the cooking, the photographing, attempted scrap booking, tried guitar...Just seems like I have trouble sticking with stuff I suppose. I hope to maybe make something for my boyfriend before he goes of to his basic training! How cute would that be!!

I am so utterly lame.

Ingredients

1/2 oz dried mushrooms, (I used morel because I had them lying around)

1 Cup boiling water

8 oz uncooked bow ties

2 tsp olive oil

2 cups cremini mushrooms

1 tbsp cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

salt and pepper to taste

big handful of spinach

2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, which means a lot more then that....for me anyway

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted

Put the dried mushrooms with the boiling hot water and let sit for about 15 minutes. Drain through a sieve or if you don't have one just use a paper towel. Reserve the mushrooms soaking liquid. Rinse off any remaining grit on the dried mushrooms and slice.

Cook pasta according to packaged direction.

Heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and both fresh and dried mushrooms. Cook until fresh mushrooms look wilted and look done.

Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup cold water and add to mushrooms as well as the remaining mushroom soaking liquid. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken.

Pour the mushrooms sauce over the pasta and add the spinach and parmesan. Mix until spinach is wilted and parmesan is melted. Add pine nuts and serve!

This recipe is courtesy of Weightwatchers.....AGAIN

Enjoy!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment