Tuesday, July 27, 2010



I finally did it. I tackled the quiche and to my great surprise it turned out great! My mom loved it and it looked super pretty! Can you tell?

The only thing that gave me troubles was the crust. When I was rolling it out it was a little bit crumbly and didn't get quite big enough to go up the whole side of the tart pan but other than that this was super easy to make!

Spinach Quiche

Ingredients

For crust

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 6 oz cold unsalted butter
  • 3 tbs ice water

For inside

  • 3 oz cream cheese, room temp
  • 1/3 cup half and half
  • 3 eggs
  • 10 oz package frozen spinach thawed
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • 1/4 tsp salt and pepper

To make the dough you simply run the flour, salt, and butter through a food processor until crumbly. Add the water slowly until mixture begins to hold together. I used my hand and that will also work out just fine too.

Shape the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour or freeze until needed.

To finish the quiche roll out the dough until big enough to be put in tart pan and cover the sides or there is a nice overhang. Cut off any extra scraps along the side of tart pan.

Preheat the oven to 425.

Beat the cream cheese until smooth and gradually beat in the half and half and eggs. Mix in remaining ingredients and pour mixture into prepared tart pan. Bake until crust is golden and filling is set, which will be about 25 minutes. Let cool, then serve!

This recipe is courtesy of SmittenKitchen.


1 comment:

  1. congrats! spinach quiche is my absolute favorite and this looks delicious

    ReplyDelete