Thursday, July 8, 2010




I'm here again. And I am adding a recipe. Surprise surprise, right? So sorry I am not the best at this whole writing thing considering I take the pictures and do the cooking. Well sometimes I photograph.....I have been baking a lot but well haven't really been taking pictures of those things which is rather sad considering I've been a pretty big baking fool. Yesterday, for instants, I made hummingbird cake which I have been wanting to for a while now. It consists of crushed pineapple and mashed bananas with cream cheese frosting. It was pretty delicious not going to lie and AND I was able to put it together without absolutely destroying it. I've also made strawberry cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes, and toffee cookies. All delicious.
So the recipe I bring you today is Thai-Roasted Tofu with Chili and Basil from Weight watchers

I changed a few things but kept it pretty close to its original recipe.

Ingredients
  • 14 oz extra firm tofu cut into slices

  • 3 tbsp soy sauce

  • 2 tsp olive oil

  • 2 tbsp ginger root

  • 1 garlic clove

  • red pepper flakes to taste

  • 3.5 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced

  • 1 bell pepper sliced

  • 1 cup string beans, trimmed and cut in half

  • 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce

  • shredded basil
  • scallions, sliced

Place the tofu on several sheets of paper towels and place more paper towels over the tofu. Set a cooking tray on top and put some heavy objects on top to squeeze the water out. Keep the tofu like this for about 20 to 30 minutes or until you feel as much moisture is out as possible.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Dice the tofu up into small cubes. Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray and place tofu on top. Take some of the soy sauce and brush the soy sauce on top of the cubes. Spray the tofu with cooking spray.

Roast in the oven for about 25 min but depending on size of tofu I would recommend watching it once it hits the 20 or even 15 mark.

Put the oil in a skillet big enough to hold all the ingredients. Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and stir until fragrant. Add the mushrooms next and cook until softened. Once the mushrooms are ready add the green beans and peppers. Stir until the vegetables are cooked through.

Add the remaining soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, basil, scallions, and tofu. Mix together until all is heated through.

Serve!

P.S. Rice is included in the recipe but I did not use it. Simply cook up some brown rice and add to the vegetables at the end and your good to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment